URB-Grade at Sustainable Places 2014
URB-Grade consortium in collaboration with other 7 European projects funded by the EC organized a workshop named Energy positive districts / smart cities during the SP2014 conference in Nice (http://sustainable-places.eu/). The workshop built on four different relevant topics where the energy positive District/Smart City must rely on:
The workshop identified improvement areas, lessons learned, and explored synergies and collaboration opportunities in order to achieve a common way to define the activities that Districts/Smart Cities should follow to become more energy efficient. The audience was composed by researchers, developers, industrial adopters and representatives of energy companies that have interests in last research performed in the EU in the Smart City energy context.
The final remarks of the workshop can be found at Final remarks.
Following the guidelines of the European commission in cross cutting activities of European Projects, the workshop was organized by :
- AMBASSADOR – http://ambassador-fp7.eu/
- BESOS – http://besos-project.eu/
- CityOpt – http://www.cityopt.eu/
- iURBAN – http://www.iurban-project.eu/
- INDICATE – http://indicate-smartcities.eu/
- SmartKye – http://smartkye.eu/
- URB Grade- https://urb-grade.eu/
- Ready4SmartCities- http://www.ready4smartcities.eu/